Best Cruise Yet

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2011
This was my second cruise with Carnival and my first on the Victory. This ship was much larger than my first cruise which was on the Imagination. More Pools, Larger restaurant and Theater. The best parts of the cruise were the numerous ports of call, which was the main reason for my wife and I choosing this itinerary. We enjoyed waking up to a different city almost everyday of the cruise and did lots of excursions. The cruise director did an excellent job keeping the entire ship entertained on our day at sea and all events were well timed so that after spending all day on land, once you got back on the ship, there was something to keep you occupied every hour on the hour until midnight. Just enough time to sleep and enjoy the next port the following day. The only downfall was that some of the excursions were anticlimatic and not worth the price charged, more the fault of the tour guides than Carnival but overall an excellent on and off shore experience. I would definitely recommend this cruise to anyone.

Food was surprisingly good. First cruise had me disliking the food, everything tasted prepackaged and re-heated for some reason and the drinking water had a terrible after taste. But this cruise had everything done right, food tasted and looked fresh, did a Galley Tour and learned everything except the bread is freshly made. Carnival got it right this time around.

Lots to do on the ship. Trivia, Bingo, Water slides, Dance parties every night.

Excellent, everyone was polite, everyone says good morning. My Cabin steward introduced himself to us and knew me and my wife's name after the first day, I learned from our dinning partners that this was a common occurance. Touch of class, very much appreciated.

Not the newest ship in the fleet, but definietly has a nice roomy feel, lots of open spaces, bars, pools, adults only spa area, water slide, big screen TV for pool deck. Well maintained and the most polite staff on land and sea. Stateroom is as expected, small.

Average decor, The staterooms on the older Imagination ship were better as those were recently refurbished. These on the Victory were a bit dated, but still useable. They were small, but it's a cruise ship with an interior room, can't ask too much.
I've been to Barbados once before and our Tour could have been alot better. We visited a rum distillery which was nice, but everywhere else we visited was very blase'. Tour could have taken us to much more scenic locations.
Definitely do the Dutch and French experience. Wanted to visit the famed "Airport Beach" but the tour doesn't go there, disappointed slightly. Was suggested to visit nearby island of Anguilla, but would need two or three additional hours and passport (which was left on ship).
Pristine.
Don't Miss: Everything
Loved every square inch of St. Lucia.
Don't Miss: Highly recommend the Land and Sea Combo Tour. Bring bathing suite.
Typical small Island, people are very friendly. Plan on visiting the nearby island of Nevis to get more out of the trip.

Pros: Different Port every day.

Cons: Some on shore excursions not worth it.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!