Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

The Ship need to be revamp ASAP

Sail Date: November 28, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

As a regular Princess traveler I took a chance on this Carnival Cruise since it was recommended as fun for kids. Well, they have the Camp Carnival but my toddler lasted only 5 minutes there since he missed us, so I cannot rate that. We did not like the cruise because its feel dirty. This cruise have been in service since 2000 doing the same schedule all over again (only the Caribbean with San Juan as it port of call), and it has been heavily abuse by its travelers that are mainly locals from San Juan. The ship needs revamping since its feels outdated.

Another inconvenience is that as a fine dining options you only have the dining rooms since it does not have another restaurants to make reservations, the food is average also and they dont seem to enforce proper dress codes at the dining rooms.

We were really upset during the embarkation day, since the mandatory emergency drills were conducted at the master stations instead of amphitheaters like Princess does. The end result was that all people were packed one over the other in double lanes with a humid weather (you may imagine) at the master stations, my kid was getting sick during the drill that run out of the scheduled time.

If you are used to quality this cruise is not for you.

Pros: The staff is friendly

Cons: The overall appearance of the ship and lack of dining options

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

I can-t rate the camp carnival, but the kid's pool was a mess and an arcade they have looks sad.