Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Very unhappy probably be my last cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

This will probably be my last cruise with Carnival, it is my 4th cruise and the worst. The ship was overcrowded had I think like 4100 people mostly African Americans and Puerto Ricans so I felt out of my element.

The lines were long for everything, boarding the ship, buffet line, leaving the ship, trying to find pictures in a maze of photos, lines to find your luggage in a nightmarish room with thousands of black suitcases and people tripping over each other to find theirs. Seems like there should be a better way to retrieve your luggage, like maybe putting up some kind of a stall and have either the zone or a list of cabin numbers posted on a large sign and all of that particular luggage put together. That is the biggest reason that I will probably not cruise again, very stressful.

The ship was small, old and the decor was not attractive. The pools were always packed and had tons of kids in them. Not much to do for single adults, except the shows or casino. I had a balcony room which I paid extra to get but could hardly go out there because my neighbor was a smoker and was always out there and kept her balcony door open and you could hear everything that they said at the top of their lungs. Very loud and argumentative. I filed a complaint on the first night of the cruise with guest services because they were arguing at 2:00 in the morning about the husband flirting with someone and they kept going in and out of cabin slamming the door. Could not get to sleep until around 4:00 am. It also was not private because they could look over into my balcony while they were out there smoking and spoke to me several times.

I did not go down to the dining room because I did not want to get dressed up, so I went to buffet lines and the food at times was average or below with the same options usually, chicken, pasta, rice and limited fresh fruit. The breakfast was the same everyday and had to wait in line while people ordered their omelets and they were prepared. Did not know that you could get your items and then leave the line. The ice cream that was seved on the Lido deck was of poor quality. Some of the desserts had an awful taste to them especially the pineapple upside down cake and the carmelized peach cake....yuck!!

The waiters by the pool were too pushy trying to sell drinks. Also, I think the soda and water should be included as compliemtnary. The cruise director and his assistant was goofy and not funny at all.

The wait staff in the casino was very unfriendly never asked me if I wanted a drink and I did not see anyone winning anything. Public restrooms were too small you could barely turn around in there and I am an average sized person. The only good thing I have to say about the cruise is that the cabin steward went above and beyond the call of duty to make my room comfortable and clean at all times. Alvin and Rena did a fantastic job!!!!!! Otherwise I would have to say that this is the worst cruise I have ever been on before of the total fo 5 cruises that I have been on.

Pros: Clean stateroom and balcony view

Cons: I did not like the overcrowiding of the ship and the long lines for everything.

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Old and ugly decor, overcrowded
Not impressed with daytime activities
Alvin and Rena went above and beyond to make sure my room was comfortable and clean and that I had everything that I needed.