Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Relaxing and great food

Sail Date: September 20, 2008

New England/Canada. - Our fourth cruise was on the Carnival Victory that went from New York, to Boston, then Portland, Maine, St. John, New Brunswich and finally to Halifax, NS. We will always compare our Alaskan Cruise as the best we have experienced and will compare this one with that. This was a very nice cruise. All of the ports of call were worth getting off the ship and every excursion we had was well worth the price. I had shopped for weeks before we left to see if I could beat the prices of Carnival's excursions. I really could not. All were either for the same price, or in the case of the Halifax City Tour, even less. It is just so comfortable knowing you will not miss the ship if you use a Carnival excursion.

This ship was nicer that the Carnival Spirit in that the pools were heated and the dome cover allowed for a late night swim and time in the hot tubs. We had a balcony for the second cruise in a row and admit to being hooked. I think it adds such a unique and welcomed experience. Well worth the expense. The food exceeded my expectations. Mostly dinner. I thought the menu selection and quality of the steaks and seafood was very good. Only one of my meals, my second N,Y. strip steak, was a bit over cooked, but all of the main courses and starters were great. The waiter never hesitated when I ordered two of anything. THe highlight was the lobster and prime rib dinners. The deserts were delicious. Service was adequate, but one or two nights they seemed short on staff as our entree's were served with a rather long wait. However, more time to enjoy the surroundings.
Our cabin was maintained impeccably and the staff was always courteous and friendly. Did not have one negative experience with the staff. Everyone said hello and offered up a genuine smile. Amazed at home many people that work on this ship really love their jobs. Spoke to several about their backgrounds and plans. Some have been working for over 10 years with Carnival.
Embarkation was very well organized. We were on the ship by 11:30am and eating lunch before noon. Debarkation went smoothly and got us to the airport in plenty of time for our flights. Highly recommend doing transfers with Carnival.
The shows were above average and very entertaining. I see this aspect showing much improvement over past cruise entertainment. Over a dozen dancers and two excellent singers. Hypnotist was good and al the comedians were funny. For what you pay for a cruise, the entertainment is a great value.
We had great weather, lost some money in the casino, but had fun anyway.
Although I would still say the Alaskan cruise is still our favorite, this New England/Canado cruise is a close second. The scenery in Alaska is hard to beat, but if you take this cruise in September, you will not be disappointed. An older crowd, but both the service and food is great.

Pros: The quality of the food

Cons: Slow elavators

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!