Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best Choice For A Honeymoon!

Sail Date: May 04, 2008

I was very impressed with the size of the ship and the amount of class it had. The crew was outstanding and our cruise director was hilarious. The beds were just as comfortable as I had heard and the room was always spotless when we returned midday and in the evening. There were always tasteful shows in the evenings and fun activities during the day. We hardly saw a child on the ship most days. The drinks were delicious though some of them were very pricey. The food was pretty good..though sometimes the buffets had limited items that not all people would find appetizing. Desert was ALWAYS amazing. All in all, a great ship that definitely exceeded my expectations of a 'fun ship'.

Pros: The decor, comfy beds, great shows, short lines, etc..

Cons: The A/C was always on full blast so I was usually chilly everywhere on the ship and the live band that constantly played terrible music.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We DID do an excursion at this port: Dunn's River Falls and the Bamboo Beach Club. The ladies that meet you from the beach club to start your excursion are SO friendly and helpful. They made me feel immediately at ease because I was on edge considering the things I had heard about Jamaica. We rode a bus to the falls and we were the first group there (which I recommend..you want the LEAST amount of people climbing in front of you on these falls). BRING WATER SHOES! Or you can rent them for $5 when you walk-in the entrance. They will make you get completely wet, head to toe so wear your bathing suit. There are lockers to rent for $8 where you can put your clothes and bags..if you bring back the key, they will return $3 of your rent. One of the guides will hold any cameras that aren't waterproof and will take pictures of you all the way up the falls. The beach club was relaxing and festive! The food was in small portions but tasty. They perform dances while you relax.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls
George Town, Grand Cayman
This port is VERY commercialized and we wished that we had booked an excursion. If you want to shop, THIS is the place but that wasn't our main focus. We DID however go to the Turtle Farm which was intriguing. The cabs are called buses and they cram a million people into one van and drive one route around the whole island. It's helpful to know that their dollar is worth $1.25 compared to our dollar. The cab rides are two Cayman Island dollars per person regardless of where you're going or how long you ride.
Don't Miss: The Turtle Farm
We did not book an excursion at this port and truly, there's no need to do so. We rented a scooter for $35 for the ENTIRE day. We rode down the main road and took in the sights. We visited Mr. Sancho's Beach club and swam in the crystal blue water. At the beach club, they were offering parasailing for $50 a person and we decided to do that. It was amazing and breathtaking. We then rode our scooter back to the port where we went to the infamous 'Carlos 'n Charlie's' and got incredibly drunk from our Yard Glass drinks. We sobered up by stopping in some of the stores at the port and bought some delicious alcohol that's only made in Mexico and sold at this one store. I think it was called Dickbe? They let you taste test the liquor and all of the flavors are great.
Don't Miss: Carlos 'n Charlie's, Dickbe & the beautiful beaches. (Rent a Scooter!)
Miami, Florida
We didn't get a chance to experience much of Miami.