Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The night mare cruise

Sail Date: April 27, 2008

After having been on a total of 23 Cruises. I must say this was by far the worst experience ever. Upon our arrival at the port, the service by checking in staff appeared normal as it has been previously. However, as we got to our stateroom, it looked like we walked into a trash can. The room was really filthy, our shower walls had a bad case of mold all over the place. Our floor looked like hasnt been swept for several days, even our mirror had finger prints on it. Two days out of the week, our room didnt get cleaned at all even with our sign placed on the door requesting to clean our room.
Buffet area had food all over the place including the floors. Never seen any member of the staff attempting to clean the food area. I had spoke to an officer on board about the problem, he replied with a grind on his face, the staff are doing the best they can. The food area looked very disgusting. The only clean area we found was the main dinning room. Speaking of the dinning room. I enjoy drinking water with my meal. My wife and I both had to ask continuously for water. First day, she came back with a jug of water with no ice. After filling up my class, she took off with out saying anything. Then I asked another waiter to bring some ice. Few minutes later, she returns with a class of ice stating to us Oh I see you ice had melted My wife stated to her no you brought us the water with no ice. She looked at my wife with a nasty smile and walked away. We have several examples of bad experience with the staff on this cruse. I guess we shouldnt complain for having only on bad cruise experience out of 23 cruises. I believe, we the people work really hard to earn our money to be wasted on a bad vacation not to mention losing our vacation time. When I take a cruise. I would like to believe that I am leaving my normal stressful life and on to a clamorous world that would help me relieve some of the tension and stress build up during our normal routine life. I truly cant see this was the case on this vacation. Carnival cruise line has always been our favorite cruise line ever until this trip. I further believe and based on this experience, carnival is going no where but down the hill. As of right now, I truly cant say, I will be cruising with them again. Any one out there that is interested in seeing some pictures of the lovely bathroom mold or the buffet filth, please e-mail me at andynlinda @excite.com. I will happy to forward them.

Pros: The Islands

Cons: Stateroom cleaning personal.

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Very nice island, relaxing and just simply wonderful.
Don't Miss: Beaches, beaches, beaches. great water.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Over all, nice place to see, shop and walk the old city streets.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
our favorate place to visit. we'll be back there again within the next 6 months vacationing for an entire week at the oriant beach club. our normal hang out.
Don't Miss: the entire island.