Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Good & Bad about our Cruise

Sail Date: December 02, 2007

When we arrived at the Port of Miami we had an extremely difficult time finding the entrance to the parking lot (I was told they made some changes but had not yet updated the signs) then we went to register.. again very long lines, I guess filling out the preboard on the internet dosn't mean much.. After getting preprocessed we were allowed to go on board... We first noticed that the early seating in the dining room we had requested & was in our confirmation was now the late seating. When we tried to bring this to someones attention we were told to go to the dinig room for any changes.
Now 1st time on the ship this presents a challenge as wher is anything...
However we finally found the right dining room & with the stroke of a pen or request was honored... The only other complaint I had were about some of the line servers in the Mediterranean Restaurant. They did not seem to take any pride in the condition of the breakfast meal... burned toast, runny or watery eggs & very limp greasy bacon.. When it was pointed out they basicly said thats the way it is.. (did not eat there again)
Now the positives; Balcony room well maintained; Main dining room attendantes were super. Food was excellent. ; Shows were very good; Casino was kind; The Ports of call were good however I felt that the tours were a bit pricey for what they offered. I do reccomend the turttle hatchery for any one it is well presented. So over all I felt good about our cruise but would rather go from Port Caniveral as I feel they are better organized & parking is free..

Pros: Size of ship

Cons: attitude of the servers in the Mediterranean Restaurant

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
Rum Cakes, Turttles & gone to Hell good tour
Don't Miss: Turttles
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Unless you are into swimming, scuba etc then shopping is about all there is. the tours we might have been interested in all seemed to have some water activity included. at 70 years this does not interest me
Ocho Rios, Jamaica