Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A Memorable Experience

Sail Date: August 06, 2007

The ship was nice enough - confusing to remember which way was which and when you questioned the crew for assistance they looked at you funny and couldn't understand english well enough to direct you. I was very resentful of formal night - I went on this trip for vacation - not to dress up for a wedding - I don't dress that formal when I'm going out on a night on the town in New York -- I felt like a second class citizen on formal night -- I was told by my cruise agent to bring nice clothes not clothes like I was going to a prom or a high class wedding - we're simple people -- I thought it was very snobbish. We really enjoyed the shore excursions - the mall by the dock in St. John's Bay was excellent - a little bit of home canadian style. The people we met were very nice and I found out a few things about Canada that were surprising especially that even in August it can get pretty chilly during the day - but then again the weather wasn't that great for our cruise. The gambling on the ship was addicting especially for my boyfriend - but we only lost what we brought with us - Thank God he didn't find out you could charge extra cash on your room card. Being able to catch a snack at midnight was very convenient and the bed was delicious - the pillows were soft and you could just get lost in the comfortableness of the bed as soon as your body sunk in. I spent one of my nights at the piano bar - the guy playing the piano was excellent - I really enjoyed it - it was very relaxing. The final morning of our cruise began too early - I would have enjoyed sleeping in - it seemed to me that they just brought you back and then kicked you off the ship. My cruise agent gave me the impression that we would have lobster (and as much of it as we wanted) every night. The food wasn't bad - but it wasn't all you could eat lobster either. We were a little disappointed. The pot roast was good and the steak and shrimp that one night was very tasty. Next time we cruise -- we will definitely do a little more research -- overall I would give this cruise an 8.5 out of 10 considering it was only my first cruise. We had a very good time - it was a lot of fun and we brought back a lot of nice souvenirs. No matter what tbe trip -- there's always room for improvement--but as vacations go - this was pretty good - my only regret was that we didn't give ourselves enough down time - somthing we will definitely strive for next time.

Pros: The Stop Over in St. John's Bay - very quiet little town and the changing rapids were neat.

Cons: Getting lost on the ship and none of the crew understanding english well enough to direct you.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Don't Miss: We went on the Whale watching tour but the weather didn't cooperate and the whales stayed in - but it was still fun.
Saint John, New Brunswick

Don't Miss: We went on the trolley through St. Jojhn's Bay and then we went to the mall - we had a great day dispite the rain.
Saint John, New Brunswick