Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wonderful cruise from Norfolk, VA

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

The ship was clean and well maintained. Once you realize that deck 5 goes front to back, navigation is a breeze. We boarded in Norfolk at the new Half Moone Cruise terminal. It is a wonderful facility and the staff were very pleasant. The ship was 4 hours late due to being caught in Charleston, SC by tropical storm Barry. This lead to a somewhat long embarkation, but this would not have been the norm. We arrived at 2pm and started loading at 6pm given the delay. The ship was full, and had very few kids given in the Tidewater area, they were still in school. The ship pulled out at midnight vs 7pm, but no worries, I was already on vacation. We had a balcony room on deck 6, midship. Great location. The new beds are great and the shower water pressure is awesome. We had a lot of wind on the first day at sea, but it did not prevent us from doing anything. We never had any issues with finding a chair. We arrived in Nassau at 5pm vs 1pm on Tuesday due to the late start. This delay did not really effect my cruise. The crew were very appologetic about the delay, but hey, last time I checked, they can't control the weather. The seas were moderately rough, but I have been in worse. I get sea sick, but the patch worked beautiful the whole trip. We had really good luck at the casino. The shops on board were more limited in selection than I have seen on other ships. My biggest wish is a different set of ports. Freeport is just terrrible. There is NOTHING there worth stopping for. Nassau is overall pretty nice. I have been to Nassau many times scuba diving and whatnot, so we did not do an excursion. The seas on the way back were like glass. We arrived in Nofolk at 7am, the ship was cleared at 8am, and we were back home by 9am. I highly recommend the express method for debarkation. This is where you carry your luggage off the ship yourself. Great method! The key for us taking this trip was to get away without having to fly somewhere. I really hope Carnival adds additional cruises from Norfolk in the future that go to the Eastern Caribbean AND are in mid-June so my kids can join us. It was a great experience and we enjoyed ourselves. However, we are pretty easy going people.

Pros: Departure Port, Crew and Weather

Cons: Itinerary and Food

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!