Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: May 13, 2007

The crew and staff were very friendly - always greeting you in passing. Cleanliness of the ship was an A+. The ship is very well maintained.

Pros: Port Visits

Cons: Confusion in leaving for two Port Visit's. Also, Miami was the worst I have ever had. It was pouring down rain when we arrived and no one would exit the terminal. This caused a lot of back up. Miami port placed all the luggage in pools of water- not so good- Had wet items inside my luggage. Upset

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
View of the Island tour. The only thing is, we missed out on going into town for shopping (again). The best shops and bargins were in town via a taxi ride. Our island tour was very nice in the open air taxis. Shopping near the pier - the bargins were not so great. The stores (near the pier) were closing up on us around 5:00. We still had a 1/2 hr before having to board the ship. We were even in the stores and they closed the doors on us. They said that they had to go home for the day. I told them that we had money to spend. I guess they didn't care since they knew a new ship would be in the next day.
Don't Miss: Again, I was told we should have went into town to go shopping.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Again, I was told we should have went into town to go shopping.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Beautiful place. Would have liked a longer time here. We took the sailing snorkle twilight tour. Great tour. The staff on the sail boat were very friendly and nice.
Don't Miss: Take the water taxi ($5) roundtrip and about 5 mins. to go shopping - don't shop next to the pier unless pressed for time.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We pulled in an hour early - had a tour booked for 5:oo, We were not supposed to meet until 4:30 for our tour in the Carr Lounge, at 4:05 "Malcom in the Middle" (Cruise Director) mentioned "last call" for the tours. We were upset because we were going to pick up a quick snack before heading out. He mentioned that they wanted us to get more port time in. We had a scheduled booked tour @ 5:00. Malcom told us to hurry and he would radio ahead that were were coming for our tour. Well we got a hamburger and devoured it and went on our way to the tour. Very unorganized - we actually didn't leave for our tour until about 5:30! I know Malcom did what he could, however, this port visit I could had done without. Stay away from Senior Frogs... younger crowd hangout and very crowded. Long wait to eat. Shopping @ night was not so fun. My sister and I didn't feel as safe as we thought we could be.
Don't Miss: Fort Tour and Shopping (during daylight) - I was told there were great bargins (we missed out on)
San Juan, Puerto Rico