Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruisin to the Oldies

Sail Date: May 06, 2007

I went on my very first cruise last week on the Carnival Victory. Despite my many months of anticipation, unfortunately it was not what I expected. The excursion days were fun, but the "Fun" days at sea were not so fun. This cruise seemed to be made for the 50 and over crowd as the shows were all big band-style or just cabaret. The only things to do on our fun days were either to play bingo, play trivia, or sit in the casino all day. These are not things that interest a 30-something couple. I was told that Carnival was the "Fun Ship" for the younger crowd, but this was not a very fun ship. Despite what you see on TV, there were only two tiny pools and they were salt water. There were so many smoking areas that it was nauseating to breathe sometimes. I would not recommend unless bingo, trivia, and gambling are your favorite things to do, in which case this is the perfect cruise for you.

Pros: Staff was terrific, friendliest people I've ever met!

Cons: Tiny salt water swimming pools, too many smoking areas

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Miami, Florida
On our way home we chose the excursion of going to the Everglades. Not too many alligators to see unfortunately, but it was something to do instead of going to the airport directly. I don't think I would recommend it.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Despite the popular option of going to the Dunns River Falls, we chose instead to do the river tubing. It was quite a joyful experience. Not as crowded as the Falls and very relaxing tubing down the rapids. Unfortunately not so many photo opportunities, but fun anyway. I did not like the shopping here, everyone was very pushy and not all that friendly.
George Town, Grand Cayman
This is by far the best place to go. Beautiful, peaceful, I would move here in a heartbeat. The entire day was perfect, Stingray City, Turtle Farm and Hell, nothing was a disappointment. I love this place! We ate at Margaritaville because I love Jimmy Buffett, but unless you like it loud enough so you can't talk, I wouldn't really recommend eating here.
Don't Miss: Stingray City for sure, do not miss it!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Stingray City for sure, do not miss it!
Miami, Florida