Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Experience

Sail Date: March 25, 2007

Really fun cruise overall.

Pros: The Caribbean waters, the friendly staff on ship, entertainment

Cons: Layout of ship, size of pools, smoke on entire Promenade Deck

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Miami, Florida
The airport is a complete zoo, very hot with very low ceilings. The transportation to the ship was one haggle after another for tips. We did tour Parrot Jungle though and thought it was amazing! If you love birds or parrots, you MUST visit this place. Wonderful habitats and very hands-on. The shows were great - especially seeing free-flighted birds. You were able to hand feed everything.
Don't Miss: Parrot Jungle
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We took a 45 minute ride to the Chacchoben Ruins and drove through a very poor area. The tour guide was extremely talkative and informative. Great views and spectacular temples. I only wish we had walked through a little slower to enjoy the scenery more. The little area by the ships was very busy with plenty of shops and pool areas. The shopkeepers were a little pushy, but very polite overall.
Don't Miss: Chacchoben Ruins
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't Miss: Chacchoben Ruins
George Town, Grand Cayman
Tendering from ship to shore and reverse was a long tedious process and really ruined a great deal of this port. The town is very clean and well-kept, but if you are not a jewelry shopper, it didn't have a great deal to offer. The Butterfly farm was wonderful! Very informative and so hands-on. I highly recommend it. We also spent some time on the beach. Very nice area and again, wish we had more time. Grand Caymen is very touristy and americanized.
Don't Miss: Butterfly Farm and Beach excursion
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Butterfly Farm and Beach excursion
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn's River Falls is an amazing adventure! You'll want to buy the video after, but a warning that is is insanely short and we didn't get good views of the overall height of the fall, but still great to see the laughing smiles of your party not believing they were insane enough to do this! Thought the people very friendly. Dolphins Cove has a bit of everything - beach, food, dolphins, sharks, stingrays... great place to visit. With the excursion we did not have a great deal of hands-on experience with the locals, but we did not find them to be that pushy at all. I found it worse in Mexico. And I refuse to go to a car lot because I hate the haggling so much - if that tells you about my usual temperament with such things.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls and Dophin's Cove!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls and Dophin's Cove!
Miami, Florida