Spring Break Cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 11, 2007
Ship: Carnival Victory
The ship, Carnival Victory, was overall a fun ship to cruise on. The only other cruises I've been on were Royal Caribbean, and those ships were much nicer though. Going into this curise, my expectations were very high. Carnival Victory's decor was a bit tacky in my opinion and also somewhat worn. By worn, I mean, the common area carpets had some stains and common area seating appeared old and worn very much like the seat on a used car.

The ship also was laid out weird. On some of the main common decks you couldn't get from one end to the other because the dining room was in the middle of the deck. You had to go up to the next deck and then back down.

Also, I'm a college senior and that was the majority of the people on the ship during spring break. We partied hard, drank, and had a great time. Probably 2/3 of the people on my cruise were between 21 and 25. If you were a family I wouldn't recommend going during March or April because of Spring breaks. I heard many other passengers complaining about the spring break crowd. If you are under 30 and single this is the cruise for you!!!
Dunn's River falls was awesome. We took a boat Cool Runnings to the falls, climbed them, and then got rum punch on the way back. It was a blast. Then we went to Margaritaville. Awesome time! The negative to the port was that there were poor beggars and drug dealers as we got off the ship, but if you stay on a shore excursion or go to the Margaritaville area they keep them away.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls
Awesome Diving!!! If you are certified do this excursion. Senor Frogs was also fun. Very rich port and no beggers when you got off the ship.
Don't Miss: Diving the Cayman Wall
Don't Miss: Diving the Cayman Wall
Unless you pay for an excursion, all it is a shopping area with a pool in the middle
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls

Pros: The people on the ship, both crew and passengers. Large cabins.

Cons: The ship looked a litttle worn and could have been laid out better

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!