Western Caribbean

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Victory

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: November 19, 2006

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

First let me say that my best friend and I went on this trip together...we both are single, in our early 30s and very laid back. We live on an island ourselves so are very accustomed to the resort, tourist, vacation attitudes and began the trip with open minds. The ship was very clean...if there was wear and tear It wasn't enough for me to notice. As noted in previous reviews, someone was always cleaning. I didn't find it hard to manuever at all....big ship but one day of wondering around was enough to make both of us comfortable with where we were most of the time.

Ports Of Call

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

We had 1/2 a day of sunshine here so stayed at the beach near the pool....great beach service and nice pool right on the water. We did not go on any excursions

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Our second 1/2 day with sun...we walked around Ocho Rios for a couple of hours once docked....very cool town but the locals are pretty overbearing. I've traveled quite a bit so this wasn't new to me; If your ready for it you'll be fine...just be firm. Because of the sun, we once again camped out on the beach...this time in front of Margaritaville. LOVED it! They have a swim up bar, slide, and service on the beach.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Pros: Cabin, Room Service, Crew

Cons: Dining Room Food, Cruise Director

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!