Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

OK cruise, excellent price

Sail Date: November 19, 2006

This was my ninth cruise and I have never seen 12 foot waves lapping the side of the boat nor having all outside decks sealed off to guests because of intense wind. Carnival did everything possible keep guests comfortable in the weather, so I can't blame them.
This was a Thanksgiving cruise so lots of families were on board, which meant lots of children and lots of teenagers. My wife and I are both teachers, so we know how kids can be but many, many people, including some parents complained very vocally about just how out of control some kids were. Many ran around Promenade, used foul language, and were basically unsupervised. However everywhere you looked Carnival security was on the scence attempting to remain in control. Again, I feel that Carnival did everything possible so I can't blame them.

Pros: value

Cons: weather, roaming gangs of teenagers on board

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Costa Maya is still in it's infancy so don't expect too much. We went to some small Mayan ruins, Kohunlich. They were OK. It was only 70F there so you couldn't swim, which really bummed me out.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Jamaica is OK. It's a lot like other Caribbean islands. People attempting to hawk their wares using their in your face style. We went to Dunns River Falls. Probably will do this again after we have kids that are old enough to enjoy it.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
George Town, Grand Cayman
The ocean was so rough, we couldn't disembark. What a disappoint.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The ocean was so rough, we couldn't disembark. What a disappoint.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico