Carnival Victory Cruise Review

Overall: My daughter and I had a great time. Really economical and fun with a lot to keep us busy but still be relaxing.Embarkation: We arrived early 10:00am. We were among the first to board. For those that came later lines where pretty long.Food: Dining room was great. We requested a table for 2 right when the dining room opened. We got it. Service was very good. Food was good too. The desserts could be better but hey ... there is always ice cream or fruit. We had a wonderful maitre d', Drasko!!! And wonderful cocktail waitress. Rosalind, from South Africa.Entertainment: The cruise director, John, was the BEST!! Had me laughing at every turn. There where 2 shows. One was really good and the other one (Vroom) was ok. Not for a lack of trying but just not the best choice. Parents - remember this is semi-Las Vegas- style. Dancers will have thongs on. My 10- year-old was like "Gross!" but she enjoyed the show.Kids Program: 9-12 year old. My daughter enjoyed the program. It gave her an option of other things to do. She spent on average of an hour or two a day there. I didn't go to have her spend all her time with caregivers so that was fine with me. I don't think there were many kids that spent more then a few hours a day with the counselors. Kids: This was a Thankgiving cruise. So there were quite a few kids -- and some of them needed more attention from their parents. They played on elevators and in the Jacuzzi at times, but it didn't ruin my vacation at all.Overall: We had a BLAST!! I have cruised before, but my 10-year-old daughter had not. She LOVED it and so did I.