Carnival Victory Cruise Review

Well, I'm 14-years-old and my family (mon, dad and 11-year-old brother) decided to go on a Thanksgiving cruise on the new Carnival Victory. When I first heard I was a little upset because I wanted to spend Thanksgiving at home (why? i have no clue) and because we would have to drive to Miami from New Jersey, which is about 24 hours. We arrived in Miami on Saturday and after about an hour we finally found a hotel to stay in. The next day we got our stuff ready and drove to the pier. The Victory was beside the Paradise and we couldn't believe how big it was! Check-in took maybe 45 minutes, when we got our sign and sail card we went to look at our room. It was very spacious. We had an inside cabin but it was just the right size. About two years ago we sailed on the Carnival Tropicale... which is their smallest ship. The Victory is SO much nicer than the Tropicale. We ate in the Atlantic Dining room and we were a little disappointed that we weren't eating with another family because it's fun to meet other people. The food is delicious but sometimes I felt they kind of forced you to eat things, so you could experience all they offered. Our waiter would get all offended if we didn't order dessert. My brother made friends about 10 minutes after we got on the ship. It was kind of boring for me the first day or two... until I made friends and when I did, I had the best time ever!I went to one Camp Carnival activity on my first cruise and that was the last. It was kind of lame. It's better for younger kids... not really teens. I was lucky my parents aren't strict because I stayed out till about 3am each night with my friends from the ship.The entertainment was...well... interesting. The magic show was ok and the musicals were...um..."corny." But it could be because I have seen about 10 Broadway shows in NYC and they don't really compare, but were still pretty good. The ports we stopped in were San Juan, St. Croix and St. Thomas. San Juan was OK. We just went shopping and walked around a little bit. St. Croix was really nice. We took a taxi to the beach. The beach was really nice but if you want to swim, there were a lot of rocks on the bottom so it hurt your feet. Later that nite my parents went to a festival in town... they said it was a lot of fun. St. Thomas was my favorite. We went on a shore excursion to go snorkling on St. John's. It was beautiful. The beach was perfect, snorkling was cool but the equipment was annoying so I took it off and just went swimming. I really loved the Victory and I can't wait till our next cruise... possibly March 30th on the new Carnival Pride!