Carnival Victory Cruise Review

Arrived very early. Only problem was with the NYC Terminal. DO have all luggage dropped off with one member of your party prior to parking at the terminal to save yourself a LOT of problems if you are driving. Same for on the way out.Otherwise embarkation was smooth. We knew to have birth certificate, picture ID, filled out boarding passes and credit card/or $100.00 deposit all ready before standing in line which many did not know. Also, many tried to bring ALL their luggage on-board, even though they were very specific telling what you could bring on and what to send through. We were on board with the first 50 people at approx. 12:45pm.The room was on upper deck and was spacious. Balcony rooms across from us were VERY nice, but even inside cabins were fine...roomy enough for two sisters with lots of stuff! Food in dining room was great. One evening I tried a fish I had never had, did not care for it and within minutes had a different and tasty entree. No attitude! We ate on deck every am and checked each dining area ie: deli, pizza and Oriental, which were all fair/good but it's nice to have choices.It was my sister's 1st cruise and she was amazed and now can't wait for our next year cruise to Alaska. The entertainment was fabulous. Cruise Director Corey Schmidt was adept at working people for laughs and had a knack for helping us all to laugh at ourselves. He did swear a bit too often for me but he was funny in spite of it. The two musical shows were very well done. These people work hard to provide a fun environment for all. Ship was clean, service outstanding, table mates diverse and interesting. We had 10 in our group and sat in a different place every night(at the same table) but got to know each one and had interesting conversations. We swam at the aft pool and hot tubs, walked the track in am and evening, there were many Nautica Spa activities to help keep in shape. There are 18 lounges and we listened to classical, big band, disco, kareoke among others and just about sampled them all. Really like the Black & Red bar and the Ionian...very classy. Music for every taste. St John's was good, Halifax was better, excellant weather -- near perfect vacation.This was my third cruise and it was the best so far and my sister and I both are looking forward to the Alaskan 2002 cruise with our husbands.