Carnival Victory Cruise Review

My wife and I went on Victory (our 5th cruise) and enjoyed it. We are in our low thirties and have really gotten to enjoy cruising so I will present this review from our perspective. The ship is BEAUTIFUL. They handle the ammount of people during embarkation/debarkation, and in general, very well. Lines were common but, not a real problem. I didn't notice any abnormal time in lines for food, bars, etc. Pool space can get a little crowded at times but, not uncomfortably so. The room we had was very nice and good sized compared to all of the other cruises that we have been on. Food was plentiful but, during night dining, it's very chaotic but tolerable. There is almost too many people to serve and we had to wait between courses more than we thought we should. No wine steward. You had to ask the waiter about the wine (like he has time to do that job too.) I thought that was tacky and a little touch that we have enjoyed on other cruises. Our waiter was OK but our asst. waiter really needed help. (It was the asst. waiter's last week on her contract and it showed.) The food presentation and quality at dinner was very good in my opinion. There is a vide variety ever night and all six in our party were pleased. During the day there is plenty of food at most all hours. No complaints there. The staff was friendly and activites, both on the ship and excursions were well organized but fill up quickly (due to the ammt. of guests on the ship.) Snorkeling gear goes really fast so inquire about it early. The work-out facilities were also very good. The casino is huge. Entertaimment was really well done also. We enjoyed the shows at night, except the guest talent show which was a waste of time...go for a walk on the deck during that! Overall rating.....great ship because it's so new. If you are wondering about the ammt. of people, not a real problem, they seem to handle it well. I would go on this ship problem. I have to comment on my agent Martin (ext. 77553.) He has been on a lot of cruises and gives you the straight story on your choices. He knows the answers to most of your questions and is EXTREMELY helpful. I recommend him highly. My wife and I have booked 2 cruises through him and will do so again in the future.