Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean

Wonderful locations, terrible ship

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

We chose this cruise as a honeymoon trip because of its wonderful locations. We had no idea that it would be full of loud people who did not care about the other passengers, running in the hallways at night and always screaming (besides the permanent wife-beaters they wore)...
The ship staff was very incompetent, took 15 minutes to get a drink at dinner, food was bland and repetitive, ship decoration was horrid. If you can find an alternative cruise line, go for it! For example, it was my new husband's birthday and they didn't even get the date right to send him a cake. I am remembering how angry I was with the ship experience. The destinations, though, were wonderful and I loved the islands. The great thing about this cruise is it motivates you to get out of the ship.

Pros: the locations you visit are amazing and make the trip worthwhile

Cons: the ship is horrible, the crowds are loud and not very pleasant

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Horrible decoration, you thought you were with the little mermaid "under the sea"...
You could notice they cut back on food expenses, there were no good buffets, service at dinner time was very bad.
They could not even get my husband's birthday date right. They were not helpful at all...
The decoration was terrible but the stateroom had a lot of space and was very comfortable.
They had two life-saving events: Happy Cole and Al Romero, excellent comedians!