First time cruiser--fantastic

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Victory

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: January 21, 2007

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

As a first time cruiser, I have nothing to compare this trip with; however, my impression is that it was all and more than I had anticipated. The crew on the ship was great..all staff from the stewards on up were all very attentive and friendly. Dining was great..you could eat in the dining room or have your choice of buffet, deli, Chinese food, etc., etc., etc. I was very suprised when I got my bill at check out time...it was much lower than I thought it would be....this included on ship purchases of jewelry, cigarettes, liquor, etc. This was a wonderful trip and I look forward to going on another one in the future.

Ship Experiences

Ports Of Call

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Wonderful gold prices. Very friendly people.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Just went to Sr. Frog's as recommended. Very pricy drinks, but a good time. We also visited a casino. Okay but it got dark shortly after arriving so we didn't stray too far from the ship.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Great beaches...Fine shopping...Very, Very inexpensive liquor prices...Very, Very low cigarette prices.
Don't Miss: Use the water taxi for $5 all day and go just about anywhere you want.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Wonderful gold prices. Very friendly people.

Pros: Choice of food

Cons: Given bad information about checking liquor box as luggage

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!