Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Lots of fun but too short

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

The ship was what that advertise ...... The FUN SHIP

Pros: First time I was in a storm. I like the fact I did not get sea-sick

Cons: The art auction was no big deal and too long

We had three people in a cabin for two. We booked an inside GNT and they gave the third person a roll-away bed to sleep on. Not much room when the bed was out. But who hangs around in the cabin anyway? Cabin was always clean but very crowded.
Average activities. We have been on 25 to 30 cruises and all activities seem to be the same on all ships. Bingo too expensive, Not so new newlywed game same on all ships.
Hairy chest, or hairy leg contest, same old "people ask stupid question jokes", the bent spoon on the string activity I wish they would come up with somthing new. RC and Carnival have the same art auction company. The art was too expensive for unframed art. We won a print and they wanted to charge $270.00 to frame it or charge us $35.00 to have it sent to us rolled up in a tube. I declined the prize. I was stuck at the auction for more than two hours. My cruise time was wasted there, never again on that ship or RC . NCL art auction sent all FRAMED art to you for 35.00.
Mid size ship, very clean. The floor arund the aft pool/eating area was always wet and a bit slippery. You should get a map of the ship at the customer service desk to make finding public areas and restarunts easier.
GREAT FOOD don't be afraid to ask for extra lobster tails you can get them if you ask.
Great service. Long pizza lines and when you got to the front of the line not all toppings were waiting to be served you had to wait.
GREAT cabin attendents Got us a refrig for med. You have to ask when booking.