Carnival Victory Cruise Review

Smooth Cruisin`

I was on the Victory for the Western Caribbean cruise and it was fantastic. I thought the variety and quality of food was excellent. The rooms were clean and spacious. The ports of call are good except for Ocho Rios, which was a total nightmare for me. The solicitations are continuous and aggressive. I was offered everything from banana bread to sex. Enough already! Grand Cayman Island was the best by far. Of course, it`s a different economy there, than the other ports. The entertainment piece is okay, but needs improvement. For instance, they had a young kid win the hairy chest contest... They should let the kids enjoy their activities and let the adults have theirs` also. The 2 big shows are high energy, but they should consider diversifying the talent. Two last items: they should enforce the no smoking rule in no smoking areas and they should also offer a quiet area at night for folks to just talk. When you`re on the upper deck with a beautiful clear sky, and the music system is blaring, it can sure ruin a nice night with someone special. All in all, it`s a great ship, and a solid buy for the price.