Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Cruise to Bahamas

Sail Date: October 05, 2008

The ship was huge and confusing to find your way around. The wait and housekeeping staff were friendly and did a great job. but the remainder of the staff weren't very friendly. I asked what the weather was supposed to be at the next day's port and I was answered with "hot". I wanted to know about rain, I could figure the temperature. Too many long lines if you used the buffet for meals but the food was decent with enough choices. The big screen out on the Lido deck was a nice feature for entertainment while relaxing around the pool area. There didn't seem to be enough adult things to do during the day if you weren't using the pool.

Pros: Casino

Cons: Waiting in all the lines

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

The ship was clean but looked a bit dated and could stand some "newness". Confusing to find your way around the ship.
Not impressed with the entertainment on the ship.
The food was ok but the lines to use the buffet were way too long. The dining rooms were nice, the food good and the service very good.
The room was decent size. The decor was nice. The location, on the 2nd floor in the rear, made for a long walk to get anywhere on the ship. It was very noisy when the ship was docking or leaving a port.
I only found the housekeeping and wait staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. The dealers in the casino were also nice.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not impressed with anything I saw.
Plenty of stores to shop in but everything is pretty much the same no matter what store you were in...tee shirts, baskets, jewelry and booze.