Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Did not meet my expectations

Sail Date: July 07, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was very disapointed in this cruise. The ship was not very clean and the food was only average to below. The did not offer anything different and most days had the same type of selection.
The service was not what we were accustomed to from past cruise experiences either. The main dining room attendants did not go out of their way and when we asked them for something we were told they were to busy.
I would not recommend this ship or trip.

Pros: The room steward was friendly and personable.

Cons: The Dining experience, particularly the waiter was rude and hurried. I have recieved better treatment from the local diner.

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Not impressed with anyone, but the room steward. He went out of his way everytime he saw us to call us by name. Very impressive and he also made the nice little towel friends for my kids to enjoy at night.
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Don't Miss: The hop on and hop off tour bus. It took you to many different sites and you were able to tour on your own time. The citadell, the maritime museum and of course Peggy's cove.
Saint John, New Brunswick
I would recommend waiting to buy your tour excursions for the morning of arrival to the ports. The wheather was extremely foggy and visibility was very poor, we were not able to recieve a refund due to the wheather so we wasted quite a bit of money driving on a highlights tour to view only fog. If you do book a tour of the Bay of fundy or reversing rapids, they only reverse around 12noon and 5p, so book your tour for that time.