Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An Amazing Experience

Sail Date: March 02, 2008

This was my first cruise and my husband's sixth cruise. However, it was his first with Carnival and we would both definitely go again. We enjoyed the shows on the cruise that were offered every night. Our stateroom was very clean. We were kept well informed of everything that was happening on the cruise and of the many excursions offered at the ports of call. We found it to be very relaxing and enjoyable and plan to go again soon.

Pros: I enjoyed our stateroom, the ports of call, the many excursions offered, the photo opportunities, and the food

Cons: Smoking sections weren't very clear or defined areas weren't very separate from the general population

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

The ship was beautifully decorated and I felt there was plenty of space in all areas. It was also kept very clean and sanitary. My only complaint is in regard to the public smoking areas. I didn't think they were clearly defined and there was no way for a non-smoker, such as myself, to avoid entering some of those areas which I didn't like. The only other complaint is that some of the smokers were quite rude smoking in the stateroom next to ours and smoking in some non-smoking areas.
Food was available any time we wanted to eat. The choices were of a great variety and the food was good.
We loved our stateroom. It was a perfect size for what we needed and we were very comfortable in it. We loved the balcony room and how the entire wall had such a beautiful view of the ocean when we opened the curtain. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept great!
We were always greeted by name by the staff who were responsible for our service and greeted warmly by other staff on the ship. They got to know our preferences with meals, desserts, and times we were usually gone from the stateroom to clean. They were always very willing to provide assistance.
The shows and entertainment was fantastic and very entertaining. We went to every show and the midnight shows too. The activities we participated in were fun with clear instructions. We would probably particpate in more activities on our next cruise.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We went to both forts, but did not have enough time to really see them as they closed very close to the time we arrived. There was a program of music and dancing at one of the forts after closing time which was great to see. We spent only a little time walking through town and shopping and did not go to any restaurants or make any big purchases. The forts were definitely within walking distance other than those who may be disabled so it would have been nice to know this. We walked, but we know others who did a driving tour which went very slow due to heavy congestion with the trafffic.
Don't Miss: San Cristobal Fort.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Blackbeard's Tower - however it closes mid-day so that would also have been nice to know ahead in order to plan to see it before time ran out. If we were to go here again, for the amount of time we had, we would go on an excursion for half of the day as we are not big shoppers.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went to the jewelry shops to get the offers and see what they had. Then we went on a snorkeling excursion to Shipwreck Cove. It was wonderful, my first time snorkeling. It was easier than I expected even though the waters were a little rough that day. If was a fun time on the excursion.