Halifax Horde!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Carnival Victory

4 Night Canada/New England (New York Roundtrip)

Sail Date: July 06, 2006

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

Overall, the fake food, the fake room service, the zillion children (even if the jacuzzi says "adults only"), and maybe the fact that I was one of only maybe three gringos on the whole ship, made the whole thing awful. My wife is Asian, so we spent about two hours just getting her green card back when we disembarked. There were at least a thousand people with green cards, and only two customs officials. Horrible! The jacuzzis were cold. The sauna was cold. The steam room was cold. Then they jab you for the $10 a day per person cabin steward. I totaly told them to shove that particular charge. I did like the casino on the ship, but even then only one craps table which was always full.

Ship Experiences

The food is a joke. Any experienced gourmet will tell you that. They served sirloin steak! That's pretty low on the cow. The Chateaubriand had the texture of something pummled with a hammer. Then the five-minute party at the end, just in time to push you out the door. What a joke!

The shows are laughable. The comedien was tolerable. Aside from that there's the casino which is a nice place.

I don't know, but they did seem to own the entire ship.

The room service is grudging and slow. But, to be honest, that's pretty much the way with all room service anywhere. But the staff were kind and considerate.

Nice ship, too bad none of the luxuries are operational!

The cabin was pretty nice.

Ports Of Call

Halifax, Nova Scotia

I liked Halifax. The Keith's beer is a must. Some say the Maritime museum is great.
Don't Miss: The climb to the Citadel is fun.

New York, New York

I live here.
Don't Miss: Jersey City.

New York, New York

I live here.
Don't Miss: Jersey City.

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Don't Miss: The climb to the Citadel is fun.

Pros: Nice craps

Cons: Only one table