Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

treated like royalty on Triumph

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

This review is actually about the triumph ship- june 2007. This was my 3rd cruise, and my mom's first. She has not stopped talking about it! I gained a lot of daughter points on this one. We reserved a category 11 suite, so got VIP entry privledges, avoiding that crazy line. The room was great. People would walk by and comment on how big it was. We were able to bring 1 bottle of wine each. There was a fridge in the room. I never saw the room cleaning crew, but they magically appeared when we were gone and cleaned up or turned down the beds. The balcony was big enough for all 4 to sit out there. Mom wanted to eat in the dining room for all meals, which I've never done before, but will always do from now on. We enjoyed the company of others at BF and lunch, and had our own reserved table for dinner. My 2 daughters (21 and 17) hung out together, and us older folks did our thing. We enjoyed the teas, but I thought they could have had a better selection of food at them. The teens dance hall seemed fun, while the older age was a little slow and the room very small- not enough tables or dance floor room. My 17 yr old daughter couldn't get into the teen dance bar to join her sister, not even with my permission. She could however get into the older music dance hall!! I think they need to make some kind of accomodation for that. The talent show was lacking in talent, but entertaining none-the-less. The crusie director was a kick in the pants. The entertainment was good-on par with other cruises such as celebrity. I didn't like the ports- well, it was the locals I didn't like. Jamacans tried to corner you into their huts to sell their "goods", then were rude when you refused. I saw children being led into huts- didn't seem safe. Some guy took our picture, then wanted to be paid for it. I realized I paid more to have our picture taken with our camera than I did for the picture! Cozumel beach experience was less than appealing, but the kids had fun. The food and drinks were bad.

Pros: vip entry. The highlight was rescuing a cuban boat.

Cons: dancing minimal, and 17 yo couldn't get into teen bar to dance with her sister.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Didn't all speak english though- stated like a true American, huh?!
Very clean. Not crowded. I didn't like the decor- kind of vegas style. I prefer a royal, regal (titanic) look. It was very confusing to get around from floor to floor. You can't get from 1 end of the ship to the next on the same floor. Especially frustrating because my mom couldn't take the stairs, so we had to wait for elevators all the time.
The chocolate melt cake was to die for. Midnight buffet was too crowded.
jacuzzi in room. Bathrobes.