Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First time cruise.. not again

Sail Date: December 23, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It my first cruise and will be my last. The ship was big and disorganized, the activities were bland and expensive. Water tasted like battery acid and even though I told the waiter no water please, they filled my glass. Food was all over the place but it wasn't very good but was probably good for the number of people they were feeding. Seafood was always over cooked, ordered an angus beef burger and received pressed meat of some sort, ordered grilled sirlion steak that came steamed....ewwww.

Pros: Camp Carnival for 2-5 age group

Cons: Stained carpets, quanity of food vs quality, ship was hard to navigate the floors don't all go through, not helpful staff unless hunted down to ask, never saw my steward

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Camp Carnival for 2-5 (my son is 5) was great. The staff was incredible with the kids his age and he loved it!
Pursers were rude and not helpful. Dinning staff was exceptional even if they didnt listen to the request for no water, its not their fault the food was gross.
I felt the ship was too big and wasn't marked well at all. I spent the first three days contiually lost along with other passengers since some of the floors didn't all connect. The carpets were stained and my balcony was filthy. Pools were small and not controlled at all so children and teenagers ran amuck without any supervision from their parents or staff.
The big excitement for my 5 year old was the towel animals. They weren't made everynight, nor did he get a cookie ever with turn down services.. I didn't mind until he met a little boy who each day talked about his cookie and towel animal and turned my child into a bag of disappointment. Also, never met my room steward once, and the amenties were never replaced and didn't include the items listed.
Whoever writes the shows are of Vegas quality has never been to Vegas. The shows were entertaining and the female singer has a great voice, when she remembers the words. The dancers were of highschool quality, the magic show was entertaining but not magical.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St Maarten - did our own thing - rented a jeep and drove out to Mullet Bay - a beatiful beach and enjoyed our day. There wasn't enough time to enjoy the islands - the ship would be better served to say more than one day in each port and get rid of the 4hr San Juan joke.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan - what a waste.. don't even get off the ship - four hours is not enough time to do anything. Getting back to the ship after going through customs was horrible - there were no signs it was dark, they could have dropped a time for a light somewhere, felt very unsafe but did have a good time joking with other lost people from the ship that the experience was defintely a CARNIVAL
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St Thomas - did Coral World and Coki Beach on our own and saved 25 dollars per person compared to the ships cost.. Coral World was lame but the beach was ok... crowded but a beach.