Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

An awesome getaway

Sail Date: August 16, 2007

I liked the Carnival Victory very much. It was very clean and lots of choices on what to do. Involve yourself in an activity or find a quiet space to read a book. Plenty of different kinds of bars to choose from as well.

Our room for two was bigger than I anticipated and the shower was one of the best I have ever taken in my life !

The cons were that it was a bit difficult to get used to the floor layouts. There should be more signage as some floors were not accessible from one side to the other. My friend and I spent an average of 10-15 minutes trying to find our destination when we realized that we would have to go up or down a floor to get to the other side of the boat.

Pros: Plenty of food to choose from, lots of activities, drinks reasonably priced

Cons: no cons

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Public areas were spotless and staff was consistently cleaning. Size was large enough for the amount of guests on board. The only time there was a lack of seating was during the outside buffet breakfast area.
The food was excellent for the amount of people they had to serve. The fine dining menus had plenty of choices for every diet. The breakfast was typical breakfast fare. Never did a buffet run out of food.
The beds were comfy and the shower to die for. Make up area was nice touch with bright lighting. The TV was a little slow with the remote MENU option but that is the only con I have to say about the room.
I cannot say one bad thing about any of the Carnival staff. They were always smiling and pleasant. Only once or twice we went into a bar area and had to wait a while for a server to come over to us but that could be due to understaffing.
Plenty for all to choose from. I was dissapointed that I couldn't attend a few shows since I had an 8pm dinner seating at the same time. Since shopping is activity, I must include it. Awesome deals to be had, tax free, in the shops. Liquor pricing couldn't be beat (bottle of Absolut for $10). You don't pay tax for anything but they don't tell you that only one bottle is tax free when you arrive back into NY. Anything over 1 bottle is taxed. All in all it is still an awesome deal. Jewlery was very cheap as well.
Saint John, New Brunswick
We decided to forego the excursions and explore on our own. We did a long walk to the Reversing Falls then took in some shopping. Weather was a bit rainy so it wasn't optimal for being outside that much.