Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Our 1st 4 day cruise!

Sail Date: July 19, 2007

This cruise was relaxing and a great value. The ship is very clean considering the large volume of passengers on board the ship and everyday usage. Overall, for the cost of this cruise, the food at the main dining room, pizza station, hamburger/hot dog grill, and Deli and buffet in the mediterranean lounge was good. I paid $100 for a 50 minute massage which was ok. I worked out in the exercise room every day which I enjoyed the most. I didn't go swimming because the pools were small and very crowded.

Pros: Unlimited food and free entertainment every night

Cons: Limited activities, small pools, nothing to do in St Johns

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Overall the quality of the food was good. The best were the main entrees in the dining room. My favorite entrees were the lobster tail, prime rib, and Quail. Appetizers and salads were okay but nothing special. Some of the desserts were good such as the Grand Marnier Souffle, Creme Brulee, and the melting chocolate cake. However, I would have liked more variety of desserts and salads.
Overall, the ship is in very good condition. The dining rooms and rest rooms were very clean. Rest rooms are all conveniently located by all of the lounges. The carribean lounge is very nice and comfortable. The pool chairs were kind of dated and probably should be replaced.
We stayed in an inside cabin (185sf) and was a little tight for us (2 adults and 2 kids). The rooms were very clean and well air conditioned. However, there were only a few TV channels that were available and there was no remote control.
Dining room and Stateroom staff service was very good. Only on a couple of nights the dining room service at dinner was a little slow (it took us 2 hours to finish). Every night the stateroom staff left chocolates in our room and made animals with our towels.
I definitely liked the nightly entertainment shows. They had 2 comedians and 2 singing/dancing shows. They all lasted over an hour and was very entertaining.
Saint John, New Brunswick