Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Time Had By All!!!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

This was a family get together (14 of us) and we were the only first-time cruisers, so we had nothing to compare it to, But overall we were blown away. We had non-stop fun, but a relaxing fun, not like one of those hectic vacations (you know with the mouse ears!). We always did a shore excursion at our three ports-of-call (Costa Maya, Jamaica, and Grand Caymen), and they were all fantastic. Our cruise director, Jorge, was the best, and if you can get on a cruise with him, don't miss it! Although we loved the Victory, we certainly would be open to another Carnival ship, but wouldn't rule out the Victory again, if it fit into our time frame and desired port-of-calls.

Pros: Balcony stateroom; cruise director Jorge

Cons: Finding my way around this huge ship; slow internet connection, which made it ultimately a bit expensive

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Are you kidding me - pizza and ice cream 24/7? The evening dining experience was okay, the food was hit or miss, and dinner usually took a couple of hours. But when you consider they were feeding 3000+ people, that left little to complain about. And when dessert rolled around, it was hard to remember if you had any complaints about the main course!! There were alternatives that were greal also, like the buffet, the deli, grill for burgers or dogs, and the asian wok, too. Overall, allow yourself 10 pounds!
The shows were okay, the comedians were better, and Jorge (our cruse director) was the best of all. Always something to do. Battle of the Sexes was a blast, and cudos to the two guys that dealt with us! Competative - who US??
We had a balcony room on the Empress Deck and it was amazing. Bigger than any hotel room you'll find in Europe! The down pillows and comforter were an added bonus. I have this thing about showerheads - and the first morning my husband yelled from the bathroom "you're gonna love this shower" and he was right!
Polite, professional, helpful, friendly, and there to serve you! Three cheers for Boscoe (our room steward)!!!
The ship was huge and I found it a bit confusing finding my way around, but my husband didn't, so as long as I stayed with him, I was okay. It was unbelievably clean, considering the amount of people on board, and everything was beautifully decorated.