Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Best cruise yet!

Sail Date: January 01, 2007

From the time we boarded until we disembarked, the staff was friendly and helpful. The ship was clean and beautiful and our stateroom was emaculate. Our steward was efficient and friendly and everytime I returned to the room, I noticed the end of the toilet tissue neatly folded. He seemed to sense when I needed something. He would appear from nowhere if I was standing out in the hall. Everytime you passed any of the staff, they smiled, made eye contact and greeted you. Our wait staff in the dining room was the best! They knew every little detail that we liked or disliked. The ship's cruise director was hilarious. The shows were good, but could be a little better. Too much "skin" in them. Not appropriate for the children we saw there. Overall experience was excellent. Plan on taking Victory to Canada/New England next year.

Pros: Service

Cons: Stateroom above Adriatic Lounge

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Some food was better than others. Lots of gourmet cuisine which is not my "cup of tea" but that's just my preference. Loved having room service! Most other ships have it only on suite level and up. It was fast and friendly.
Wish we could have been in San Juan longer. Loved the VI's. Shows were entertaining, especially comics.
Layout was not bad. Walking did me good. Lost three pounds even after all the eating I did!
Stateroom was over Adriatic Lounge. Loud music from 10 p to 1 a each night! I guess if you are a night owl, like our friends are, it's no big deal. Room was nice size but bed was too soft for me. Bad back. Loved your Denver TV channels as we used to live there. It was like being at home keeping up on local events there.
Can't say enough. You're definately doing something right!