Wonderful time again!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Sail Date: September 01, 2006
My second time with Carnival, my first on Victory. Great ship--lots of places to see. I was looking for some time to just relax, and there are plenty of lounges and public spaces to kick back and have a drink and read a book. Very clean ship...overall a wonderful experience, and I'm already planning next year's trip aboard Victory.

The Grill on the Lido Deck (aft) is amazing. Great burgers, hot dogs, chicken and steak sandwiches. 24-hour pizza is wonderful. I didn't dine much in the main dining rooms--ate mostly at the buffet. Always nice selections--and if you love fresh fruit, you'll be happy.

There's always something to do, but you can be left alone if that's what you want.

I've been impressed two years in a row with the iternational crews! They were wonderful. The cabin steward was not intrusive, but always managed to clean my room when I was out. He was always super friendly when I would see him around the ship. Phillipe, an assistant cruise director, was WONDERFUL, as was Malcolm, the cruise director. Super funny. I hope I can cruise with some of this crew again.

Some people seemed confused, but if you just take a few minutes to wander around--and pick up a copy of the deck plan--you'll be fine.

I had a small cabin on one of the lower decks--I waited too long to book, and they didn't have much left. But I've had this type of cabin twice now, and it's perfectly fine. Even close to the bow of the ship, I had a smooth ride. Very clean cabin. Plenty of space for two people.

Pros: The ship, ports, staff

Cons: none really