Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

"Cruise to Nowhere"

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

During the night, there was a "glitch" and our cards didn't work. I had to go to the Purser's Desk to get us re-instated but I had to show my credit card again. I couldn't give them my credit card because it was locked in the safe in our room which we could not open because the cards didn't work! I was shopping for gifts when this problem came up and the shops do not take cash. That is perfectly ridiculous! However, the Purser's Desk took my cash to re-instate my card. Upon returning to the shop to make my purchases, the cashier sold my items to someone else and there were no more to be had. I bought nothing.

Pros: Sitting on the deck and over-looking the ocean.

Cons: It was too crowded. The casino was too small for so many people.

On the Second night we ate in the dining room. For my main course, I ordered a shrimp dish. A rather large plate arrived with four(4) shrimp in a circle and approximately two(2) tablespoons of mashed potato in the center. After dinner, I saw the main show and needless to say, when it was over, I was hungry. It was just about 11:00 P.M. and every counter I went to for something to eat had a sign in front of it that said it was closed...Sorry For The Inconvenience.