A Honeymoon that would be hard to beat

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 07, 2006
Ship: Carnival Victory
The ship is big, but not too big. Decor was cheesy but looking past that was well done and laid out. Rooms were excellent, plenty of space. Didn't experience much movement on the 9th deck. Once you explored the boat, it was easy to get around.

Food was unbelievable, portions were small, but in the end, you could eat a 3 (or sometimes 4 :) ) course meal and be satisfied but not overly stuffed. The daily selection had something for everyone. I can't remember a day that i didn't have a hard time choosing just one meal.

Shows were average if not a little below. My wife was a dancer and was unimpressed by the choreography, but i just thought it was not my cup of tea. Entertainment on the outer deck was sparse, the jamaican band spent half the day tweaking their equipment so there was rarely music when we were laying out.

Staff was pleasant and courteous. Very well organized and willing to do what it takes.

Layout was clean and organized, most social areas were on common decks so navigation was easy, and if in doubt, look in the elevator at each floor for a list of the options.

Stateroom was cozy but had plenty of room. I wish it had some more storage in the empty corner, but we made everything fit. Our interior room became very dry and stuffy as it was only provided conditioned air, but we fixed that with a quick running of the shower.
Didn't spend much time here, but south beach is the area that makes Miami, Miami.
Dunns river falls is fun, just get a cab for $8 per and that is all you need. I heard the canopy tour was great too. DO NOT walk around by yourself, I am a pretty strong guy and I didn't feel comfortable walking around with my wife outside the port.
The stingrays are amazing, snorkeling was better than i thought. this is the place to buy a watch for sure. When you arrive in port, there will be people offering stingray/snorkeling excursions for $40 per, and their pictures are cheaper too.
Don't Miss: STINGRAYS!!! you might never get to experience this again. Watches are cheap.
The port area is horrible, tourist trap with price gouging. go to the local city (majahal (sp?)) and it is much better. Eat and relax on the beach and get a 45 min massage for $20.
Don't Miss: Majahal (sp?) is the only redeeming value of this port.

Pros: Everything was excellent, food, people, service...

Cons: The decor was a little nautical cheesy, but was very well maintained and organized.