First of MANY

Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Valor

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 15, 2020

Ship: Carnival Valor

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7374

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Carnival creates formulas and blueprints for relaxation

Embarkation

The Embarkation process was very smooth, and all of the amenities were available immediately after boarding. The most stressful part of the embarkation to me was taking an hour in our room to digest all of the information that was available regarding itinerary and amenities, but that is purely a personal situation. The process was very smooth.

Ship experiences

The food was delicious! All of it! The 24/7 pizza, buffet style breakfast/lunch, and multiple other choices for food us with so many options that I found myself struggling to try all of it. At one point I think I ate 4 or 5 small meals just because I wanted to try everything. COMPLAINT: The dining hall struggled the first night aboard. We were very let down, but I PROMISE that we were VERY well compensated the rest of the nights. The food was absolutely amazing, with the elegant attire night being the most impressive. Later we would come to realize that with such a small time frame to remove 3500 people, exchange several ship mates for others, and accommodate 3500 new passengers, it was very understandable to have some kind of lag the first night.

Scarlett's Steakhouse

This... this was my favorite part of the entire cruise... This was a MUSTMy wife believes I am being a little dramatic, but we both agreed this was the best meal that we have ever had. I can not describe to you how amazing this food was, but I will tell you that I am somebody who LOVES food, and LOVES diving into everything about food. The chef (I was unable to catch his name) is a culinary master, and I was absolutely stunned by my entire meal. This is a must.

Lincoln Dining Room

10/10Almir and his crew were AMAZINGMe and my wife had an absolute blast spending time with them and eating some amazing food!

BlueIguana Cantina

The tacos and burritos were delicious!

American Lobby and Atrium Bar

Amazing live talent all week! The music was a little loud at times, which is bad coming from me. The bar is very close to music, so they could have turned it down a little, but it was still very great talent.

Guy's Burger Joint

Great food in a pinch whenever you find yourself hungry before dinner or during lunch! Plenty of topping for your burger, and the fries we’re absolutely delicious. Comparable to five guys.

Grand Buffet

The food was very good!... for free food. We found ourselves having a good breakfast at the buffet, but you could find a much better lunch at the blue iguana or burger joint.

Serenity

We spent the majority of our sea days up on this deck, and we found it very peaceful being a 21 and older sections. The only reason I am giving it a 4 star is because the two hot tubs were awesome, but they were not working for a large part of the trip. Not a big deal, but it would have been awesome to have a lot more access to them.

Everyone that we met was absolutely amazing In two important aspects: Service and Character. Carnival had pictures on the bottom floor walls, saying the values that they represent. “Plan accordingly, fix problems rapidly, and take blame until it is resolved” was the abbreviation of one. “Greet people with kindness and their name” was another one I Believe. What I’m trying to say is that Carnival does a very good job of instilling very very good work ethic and punctuality into their workers. Not only that, they were all very friendly, and when I was able to speak with some of them On a more personal level, they were extremely friendly.

ARI! Our cabin was perfectly clean, and always found with an animal shaped towel on our bed. Anything we needed was taken care of by our housekeeper ARI, who did an outstanding job. As for the room, being the inner room without a window or balcony, it was economical. SURPRISINGLY, we found ourselves walking into our room for the first time and saying “oh! This isn’t bad at all!” We were expecting much worse.

Ship tip

Pay attention to the layout of the boat and learn it. We waisted a lot of time navigating floors that we didn’t need too. For instance, instead of going to the main deck from our room and then going up to the serenity deck, you can just walk all the way to end of your hall and take the stairs straight up to it.

Ports of call

Progreso (Merida), Mexico

Cozumel was absolutely beautiful, and exceptional. As much as I hate to say it (and I will not be the only one to tell you this) it can be a facade of what Mexico looks like in other areas. This can be a good and a bad thing. The fact of the matter is that Cozumel relies heavily on tourism, with it being their only industry. What this means is that you are mostly safe because if anything happens to you it hurts tourism. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE WITHOUT WORRY anytime you are in another country or unfamiliar area, you should always be careful and keep your head on a swivel

New Orleans, Louisiana