Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

very disappointed, but you asked.....

Sail Date: June 17, 2016

The Lido deck was our favorite place but the pool was small  and there was always water from people coming in with wet bathing suits even at the other end. People were allowed to roam the entire ship with only bathing suits on which made alot of wet spots. I fell one time on a ship because of that  reason. My granddaughter was in the circle C and we would go to check on her and the  person in charge would have no idea where they may be. One of the couples we met onboard  finially let their daughter go because of our convincing them on the second night and when the father went to check on her they were very disappointed in how lenient they were so he did not let her go back and he asked where our granddaughter was and they had no idea. When they told us the next night we were very concerned .We kept a good eye on her any how by having her check in every hour but we found out that she was lured into a boys room by him pretending to be hurt as she and another girl took him to his room so he could lay down and he was only pretending to be hurt. That could have been a bad situation, but she was smart enough to keep the door open and they both left. The dining room food was horrible. We only went three nights and that's only because the people we sat with were very nice. This was my 30th cruise and most of them were on carnival. My dad passed away recently and one of his last requests was to go on a long cruise and get a suite. He left the money for us to do so. We had introduced him at the age of 92 to cruises and he died at 96. He loved them and he had only been on carnival. He took 4 cruises and wanted to go on another one. At the time we could go the suites were very high but I was told we would get an upgrade, we did to a higher deck. We paid 3,000 plus gratuity, which I asked that it be included in the price or let me pay it myself .At the end of the cruise.,when we got our bill it had not been included and we had to put 300.00 more.When we got to the room the drawers were not cleaned out and there was even silverware left in them along with items from the previous cruisers. We took everything out that was not ours and put it away. We did not have housecoats. We had to ask for them. The windows throughout the ship were dirty. Sorry but you asked. Maybe someone else can read this and take a good look around before they put their kids in the hands of someone else regardless of their age. Just be aware of things before you make the final decision to go on a cruise and think all is ok.

dirty.... stains on sheets and comforter.. Balcony had not been cleaned. Things left in drawers from previous cruisers. No housecoats. Had to ask for them. They smelled of mildew...
Very dirty windows all through the ship. Carpets smelled and not vacuumed enough. Sheets had stains on them. I had mine changed but still the same problem.
Needs to be more experienced person in charge. My granddaughter had a bad experience that could have been tramatic because there was not enough supervision.
not enough
Food and Dining food was not good. chocolate cake volcano was not cooked and was pudding in the middle. Fish was very bad.

Check out the people in charge of your kids. Check out your cabin.. Lido deck was the only place we found comfortable..it closes early so ck out times open..