Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

first time back after several years

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

It was my first time back to Carnival in about 10 years since I have been traveling with a nonsmoking cruise line on many cruises.

Unfortunately, I assumed that Carnival was also nonsmoking because of fire 7 safety hazards.

I smelled smoke as soon as I boarded to my dismay. Found out they could smoke on various areas of ship. Well, I love the Casino and always spend hours in evening there. The smoking in there was so thick that I got a sore throat from second hand smoke and had to move to various machines because someone sat down next to me and blew smoke into my face.

The dining service was great. Housekeeping great. Food not as good as I had remembered Carnivals to be. Island tours were very good and well organized. The ship on the whole was very clean and easy to find your ways around which I really liked.

Children's Programs had no childen in them
i missed the musical shows of the past cruises.