Awful Cruise Director

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 09, 2016

Well the weather wasn't very good for our trip and that's just life. We still had a good time. We cruise a couple of times a year. However, I have never had a Cruise Director like the one we had on this trip. He was awful. We hardly ever saw him, he didn't attend the sail away party and introduce his crew. He wasn't personable or professional at all! We've never ever seen anything like this from Carnival. We've enjoyed "every" Cruise Director on every ship up and until now. His name was Matt. I don't think he possessed the maturity and charm that has been the staple of the other Cruise Directors. The rest of the staff, they were great! Just as we would expect out of Carnival. I hope we never experience him or someone like him in such a visible and important position. We love Canival and I am quite sure this is not their first complaint about this guy. The ship, food and drinks were great as always! I hope someone at Carnival is taking heed to this.....it is especially detrimental to a first time cruiser....first impression is everything for potential repeat customers.

Ronnie V.

Our room Steward was awesome! Very personable and professional! We were traveling with my wife's mom and she's on oxygen and needed a little assistance now and then.....he was wlways there for her! He was a special guy to her and to us!! : )
If the people selling items would allow you to look without being pestered, they would sell more. They were way to pushy.