Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

LOVED this cruise!!

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

This was our third Carnival cruise\, and by far the best! The Carnival Valor is a great ship. Large with plenty to do. It never once felt crowded - not even during embarkation or debarkation. I would gladly sail this ship again with the same itinerary! My husband and I are in our early 30's with no kids\, and took this cruise just to get away. The itinerary is PERFECT. These Caribbean islands are AMAZING - especially Barbados and St Maarten. We were worried about the weather\, because they called for rain every day\, but it only sprinkled in St Thomas and St Kitts for like 15 min :) Other than that\, it was sunshine and high 80s EVERY DAY!!

Pros: Ports of call\, seaside theater\, burrito bar

Cons: nada

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

We didn't attend any of the shows. We spent most of our ship time on the adults-only Serenity Deck\, in the Casino\, in the nightclub\, or watching the seaside theater. We LOVED all of these areas. The adults-only deck had plenty seating (lounge chairs\, lounge sofas\, chaises\, and hammocks); we loved catching the sunsets and star gazing from this area. The casino was a blast! Plenty of table games and other arcade games. The DJs in the nightclub were amazing! Did a good job assessing the crowd and adjusting the music. And last but not least\, this ship has a huge outdoor big screen TV\, which broadcasted the sporting games. My husband was too tickled to be watching the NFL at sea :)
As mentioned prior\, this is where Carnival exceeds. Their staff go out of their way to address you by name. We were constantly waited on and rarely had any need that wasn't addressed. Our only gripe was with one random worker who we stopped in the hallway to get directions off of the ship\, and he totally told us the wrong way. But\, hey\, maybe he was having a bad day.
We had an inside room\, which was by far the smallest of any inside room we had on any of our Carnival cruises. It was overwhelming initially\, but once we adjusted to it\, we managed fine. It was always cleaned regularly\, and the housekeeping staff was the most friendly and always addressed us by name.
We're foodies\, and tried most everything - Lido Buffets\, late night buffets\, dining room\, Steakhouse\, and room service. The Steakhouse was unbelievable and well worth $35 a person. All other areas were good. Room service was fast and tasty. One thing to note - we had Anytime Dining\, and each meal took 2 hours on average to complete - too long in our opinion.
As always\, Carnival ships are huge and decorated well. I like that the layout is generally the same between ships with a few surprises here and there. But regardless of the ship\, they are always spotless! Every public bathroom I visited was clean\, and I don't think I saw any garbage anywhere.