Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Family Christmas Cruise!

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

The Valor is a great ship to sail on. I really enjoyed the \"Hero's\" theme and the Ivanhoe showroom is beautful with its medieval decor. Felipe the cruise director was very entertaining and engaging. We enjoyed going to the comedy club shows and I love the adult only Serenity area. It is really fun to sit in the hottubs and look out on the top front of the ship. We were not on the ship a lot as we disembarked on all island days - 5 of the 7! I did enjoy the dining room food in the evening and both the wait staff and bar staff were always friendly and eager to please. The staff really worked hard at remembering our names and orders.

Pros: The itinerary was great and the ship was decorated beautifully for Christmas!

Cons: Very limited room service menu and limited breakfast choices

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

We generally play Bingo - which is expensive but fun for the kids. We enjoyed the comedy shows although some were better than others. My parents went to a lot of the showroom evening entertainment and said they really liked most of what they saw and that the singing was really good. We also played 70's trivia and everyone really got into the game and danced as the songs and answers were played.
I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They worked hard and always try to remember your name.
We usually get a balcony cabin for four and did so for this as well. There is plenty of storage space for four and the bed layout is good. Our primary challenge was keeping it clean with two teenage boys in the room. I have sailed on another line that is more upscale and Carnival's bed situation for four is much better. The other line had the upper bunk over the top of the primary queen bed which was very claustrophobic. This is much better.
Overall\, I really enjoyed the lunch and evening food choices. My favorite dessert is the \"Bitter and Blanc\" but most of my family loves the \"Chocolate Melting Cake\"! The food quality was good for the value of the cruise price. My only complaint is breakfast and the room service menu. The scrambled eggs are really pretty bad and there are not a lot of choices. The room service menu is extremely limited. They could do a lot better on that one. The ambience and decor of the dining facilities is really nice and very clean.
This is the 3rd Conquest Class ship I have been on. It is a nice sized ship and the only confusion is the way the dining rooms are layed out. You cannot get all the way across the 4th floor and have to go up to 5\, walk further down\, and then go down to 4. It is a little confusing but you get used to it. The ship was very clean and well taken care of. I belive they are due in 2014 for a drydock and the 2.0 upgrades.