Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A rough start

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

We made the most of this cruise... we had too.
We were told incorrect information/ different 'rules' to understanding some of the programs on board- i.e. unlimited bubbles and cheers! - No one ever followed up with the complained and when brought back to the guest services to see what can be done about the lack of communication, we we're told a whole different set of rules. The cruise ship lost out on our money.
The show attire was something that should have only been seen in Vegas and not one on of the kid-friendlest cruises. I was not traveling with a child but was still discussed how much clothing was lacking on stage. I am a 26 yr old woman and I would have been appalled if my child was with me.

Pros: We had a comedy show 4 nights a week.

Cons: The costumes for the shows on the main stage at 8 pm we're highly inappropriate & guest services were rude.

Recommends Carnival Valor? No.

I worked on cruise ships before and this was a very unique theme for a ship- and I use the work unique as you could only imagine how many different 'american' concepts they tired to put into one ship...
Very few food options and only one half a buffet open at dinner time which would take on average 15 minutes to get though.
Our cabin stewart LAXMI was beyond amazing. Remembered our names every time, always asked if they other one was sleeping or the room was free for him to go in. Always left us amazing service.
As stated, they didn't take care of their guests with complaints.