Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Floating Motel 6 of the seas.

Sail Date: February 16, 2014

Was excited about taking this cruise, have been on a cuise in the Pacific few years ago with another cruise line and enjoyed the cruise.  Things quickly changed.  I give Carnival a 3 star out of generousity.  Most likely this review will not make public eye but word of mouth and social media will pick up the peices.  We let's get started.  Boarded the ship made it to my cabin to find it barely cleaned.  Dust on the bathroom shelves thick as if not been cleaned in many cruises.  General cabin condition was okay, what you would expect at a Motel 6.  We never met our cabin stewart the whole cruise.  Based on room condition figure we may not have one but the room was made up every day.  I am not one to complain on vacation I just don't ever patronize a place again if I get poor service.  I cleaned the shelves so my wife could unpack and left one shelf un-touched to see if it was a fluke with the cleaning.  It remained dusty with my writing in it till Thursday of the week of the cruise.  Went down for evening meal in formal dining, was seated promptely and waited over 15 minutes before a waiter came over.  Food service was marginal.  Glasses remained empty for long periods of time.  Felt like you had to remind them constantly you were there.  Now if you were drinking alcohol they wated on you hand and foot to get ever drink.  We enjoy drinking on vacation but not at $8.75 and up per drink....  Don't forget they automatically add gratuity, either wise based on over all service they might not get any.  Cruise ship seem generally dis-organized.  Buffets were out of order so people are going back and fourth down the line slowing progress.  The pizzaria was a joke.  They never made enough and constant line all day and night.  Staff on the ship was not overly friendly.  Best place I found was the Paris Room.  The Paris Room is now the ONLY place on the ship you can smoke cigars now.  The large cigar lounge called the Winton Room is now non-smoking.  You can smoke cigarettes almost everywhere, but don't you dare light up a cigar!  Ports of call are great, but the cruise was very disappointing.  Showing on the ship are nice enjoyed the comedy shows.  There was 4 staff memebers that went above and beyond that should be recognized.  In dining hall waitress name Anny, in Paris room Rully, Junita, and Michal where excellant.

If considering a cruise maybe look at different cruise line unless you want the Floating Motel 6 of the seas.

Most where un-friendly
Best thing was the comedy shows.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great place lots to do
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
US tourist trap.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Wonderful Island and people will go back.
Castries, St. Lucia
My favorite island
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Excellant place. Lots of monkeys
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Wonderful beaches and people.

Slow service unless you order alcohol. unfriendly staff with few exceptions. Long lines for buffet or Pizzaria. Diry cabin Bathrooms.