Poor food quality and older boat

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 02, 2014
Ship: Carnival Valor

After having a great experience with the cruise we took last year with Carnival Glory we decided to book another one and choose Carnival Valor.

It was very unfair to start every morning with going around and looking for the machine that worked and actually had a drink preferred by me. (Hot chocolate, lemonade or coffee.) At best only two out of the four would be working and I would have ask for help to direct me to the machine that was working that day.

Fab 8th I had my “ regular” routine and I asked for a manager. The guy told me that he would ask a “ supervisor “ where the manager is. That’s how I met Argentina she asked me what happened so I told her that I am looking for a coffee machine that will work because I would like to have a coffee. Argentina told me to have a decaf coffee, which I did not want. Her answer made me ask what her position was? She told me she is a waiter. I asked why did she tell me from the beginning that she is a supervisor if she is a waiter. So I asked her if I could see a manager.  She said sit down and wait he will be here in 2 min.  Alexander came 10 min later and I told him once again about the issue with the machines and the quality of food was disappointing compared to the Carnival Glory Quality.  I than asked if I could see the metre d , Alexander said he would be rite in but he lever showed up.

I am very sad to say that I had the terrible food experience!

When you guys (Carnival cruise lines) had problems in 2013, everyone was telling me to not book with you but I did anyway! I had a great time and I was proud to say that after coming home that I bragged about the GREAT time we had! Food was great my whole Carnival experience was great!

I saved for a whole year for this vacation and I felt like Carnival ‘s quality substantially declined from last year.

Next year (2015) I will booking another cruise, and will be looing at all the cruise lines, unlike this year were I only looked at Carnival because of my experience last year with Glory.

Please understand this is my only week of vacation I take a year.

Poor fruit quality bad choice of food presented

Very happy with our dining room stuff

Old boat rusty balcony!

Rust on balcony

Fix your drink machines!

Everyone is very friendly but waiting for tips around every corner