Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean

Low quality cruising

Sail Date: February 03, 2013

This was my second Carnival cruise. I was unimpressed with the first one, but willing to give them a second try. This was my last cruise with Carnival.
The dining experience is very important to my husband and I. We get dressed up and go to dinner expecting to be wowed. Carnival's food wasn't great. My lobster tail was rubbery, the "filet mignon" seemed more like a sirloin, and none of the veggies on the side were seasoned. Our wait staff was worse than the food. Out of seven dinners, they got our order correct and delivered three times. On the fourth night, our waiter greeted me by the wrong name. They would clear away my plate and give me a dessert menu while my husband was still eating. We ordered decaf coffee with every dessert and were served regular three different times. I was greatly disappointed with the dinners. We don't drink, so we cruise for the ports of call and for great food. At least we got the ports of call.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend this ship or this cruise line. Keep looking until you find something with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian.