Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

We came we went we won't anymore

Sail Date: December 23, 2012

As far as the ship itself, we were very satisfied with the stateroom with balcony it was a very nice size and was always kept neat and clean. The ship itself was very beautiful and pretty east to manuver around. We felt that the food was average at best and I am being generous. The variety and choice in the main dining room was lacking some main dishes came to the table warm not hot, and the desert menu had a very poor selection and many repeats every night. The breakfast buffet had scrambled eggs that were watery and tasteless. alot of the pastries were overly baked and some were hard to chew.
We were very dissapointed with the casino, my wife plays the slots and she says that the machines were no upto date and modern like you see in a regular casino and the payouts were meager. I play blackjack and I hate the automatic shoe with a continous dealer not a regular shoe which at the end you have to reshuffle the cards. This gives and unfair advantage to the house and makes for very unhappy blackjack players.
We enjoyed all the ports except for the excursion we went on in La Romana, we went to the resort for the day to use the beach and pool and have a buffet lunch, this was a cost of $200.00 for myself and my wife. We got to the resort and it was beautiful, we went to the beach and there was a strip of sand about 5-6 feet wide before you got to the shore , you step into the water and the rest was rocks. very uncomfortable, we went to the pool. THe sum,ptious buffet was in a word discusting and I will leave it at that. We were very dissapinted and thought we threw out $200.00 on a poor experiance.
We have decided that this is not a cruise for seasoned cruisers and people who apreciate good food. I find that Carnival is for the young family and singles to have fun and enjoy all the other ammenities aboard ship.