Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Did it once. Do it again?

Sail Date: July 15, 2012

We didn't have any unresolved issues. But I still don't think I will do a cruise again. Getting on and off the ship was excruciatingly slow. And you just don't get enough time at each destination. On the other hand, I did learn that I don't have any desire to go back to Jamaica. The panhandling in Jamaica was overwhelming.

Pros: The planning was easy

Cons: Too many people\, too little time at each destination\, and hugely long lines.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The ship was very clean. Think of Las Vegas but floating.
I was expecting excellent food but found it to be just average.
The room was clean and kept clean. It didn't have many amenities. The biggest disappointment was a king bed made from two twins.
The dining room wait staff and stateroom staff were fantastic. The guest services and shop staff\, not so much.
There was always something to do.