Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Caribbean Cruise on Carnival

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

The ship was quite roomy and there was tons of stuff to do. Overall, this was a great boat and cruise. This was my 3rd cruise but my 1st with Carnival. I would have to say that honestly, Royal Caribean it just a tad better quality in all frames of cruise line ratings. Their staff is just a bit more outgoing and friendly. They know your name and you feel like you are friends by the end of the cruise. The food choices are a bit wider and the quality is a bit better. The pool deck has a bunch of contest like sexiest calves and biceps. Carnival did one contest on the pool one day, but overall it just a lot of dancing and learning dances if you like that. The shows were okay on Carnival. The casino on Carnival was very similar to Royal. Overall, it was a blast either way. Next time I think I will book Royal again though. I just felt like their service and activities were above and beyond.

Pros: Food variety, friendly staff, trivia games, comedians

Cons: Food quality, Not much pool deck entertainment, broadway showtime show

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!