Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean

Carnival Valor

Sail Date: June 03, 2012

Room Type: Suite

Overall this was a great vacation. Our steward and wait staff were pretty amazing. The ship as well as the stateroom were always kept exceptionally clean, and all the staff knew what they were doing and were extremely helpful. There was not a single person that works for Carnival that walked by us and did not greet us or give us a friendly smile.
Food:
We used "your time dining" option. It never took longer than 20 minutes to be seated, and they gave us a pager, so we were free to roam around wherever we wanted to. However, once seated sometimes it felt like the waiters were a bit overwhelmed with the amount of tables they had and the food took a while to arrive, but when it did, it was always well worth it. My wife has a gluten allergy, and never before have we seen a restaurant handle special requests so well. They asked my wife to look at the menu for the next day, and wrote down her order. Then the chef figured out how to make whatever she ordered without adding any gluten. Never had any problems.
However, I feel that the buffet lacked variety for breakfast and lunch. We normally eat fruit for breakfast, and every day the only things were available were melons, pineapple, oranges, pears, and apples. Sometimes there was fruit cocktail that included the above+watermelon. We always wished they had some berries, mangoes, or just any fruit from the ports of call, but I guess that's not how it works (you could order a fruit cocktail from the dining room which included kiwi, strawberry, pineapple, melon, watermelon, but we didn't always feel like eating in a fine dining room, so we had to live with what was available). Overall I am very impressed.

Pros: Customer Service, Food in the dining room, entertainment

Cons: Breakfast food, design of the ship

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

The ship was very clean. With food available pretty much 24x7 Carnival employees worked really hard to make all the dirty plates and cups disappear seamlessly.I am very picky about dirt, and fortunately I have not discovered any anywhere on the ship :). The layout of the ship could be quite a bit better. There are multiple areas on the ship where you can't get through, and have to take a detour through a different floor. It was especially hard for us to get to the eagles lounge and Washington dining room sometimes, but eventually we figured out that we have to know exactly which elevator to take, and walk to it through the hallway on our floor (7 empress).
See above
The stand-up comedians was pretty good. There were options for both adults and families. Overall there was always something to do, however, i found some of the main stage shows a bit boring for my taste.
We booked a suite (cheapest suite possible), so obviously it was decently sized. We had a nice balcony where me and my wife could lay or sit and enjoy the views. The bathroom had a nice powder area, so my wife could spread all of her makeup and such there, and not have to take over both sinks :) Overall I never felt cramped in the room, and at times forgot I was on a ship.
Everybody was willing to accommodate our every need, was very happy to help, and was very friendly. Our steward was amazing at knowing when we normally go out of the room and come back. The minute we were out he was there tidying everything up and bringing us clean towels. I forgot to bring the corkscrew for the wine we brought, and asked our steward. He went and found one for me pretty much instantaneously.